Back to: Flank Hawk and Blood Sword main page
View the Official Book Trailer
Publisher: Gryphonwood Press
|Where to Purchase Flank Hawk||Obtain Signed Copies of Flank Hawk||Find Out: What Character You Are||Interviews and Reviews||Appearances and Events||Reading Club Questions for Flank Hawk|
Below are some discussion questions that groups may use to initiate discussion of Flank Hawk. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like the learn author's opinion.
Reading Club Discussion Questions
1. Why did Road Toad give Krish the mercenary name, Flank Hawk?
2. The death of which character had the greatest impact on Krish? Guzzy, Pops Weasel, Short Two Blades, Piyetten, or Roos? Explain why.
3. What motivated Belinda the Cursed to assist Krish in trading the Blood-Sword?
4. Why did Krish struggle a bit emotionally after killing the Long Tooth in the dark alley in Sint Malo, yet had no remorse in slaying the mermaids washed upon the deck of the Sunset Siren?
5. Describe the initial relationship between Roos and Lilly. How and why did it evolve?
6. How does the study and use of magic affect the user? Why might it have not affected Belinda the Cursed and the Colonel of the West in the same manner?
7. What do Lilly and Roos offer (skills, abilities, background, knowledge) Krish in his quest to reach the Colonel of the West, and to deliver the device that destroys the Necromancer King’s factory stronghold?
8. Was the growth of Krish, from a simple farmhand turned militia soldier, to a mercenary capable of completing the task Prince Reveron set before him believable? Why or why not?
9. When Grand Wizard Seelain asks why Krish fights against the Necromancer King and his forces, what is his answer. Do you believe he was being truthful to Grand Wizard Seelain?
What motivated the following characters to assist Krish and what
motivated Krish to trust or have loyalty to them?
11. Lilly asked Krish what was the worst enemy he’d faced. Krish replied zombies. What was his reasoning? If you existed in that world, what would you find to be the most terrifying enemy to face in battle?
12. Speculate as to the rules and lines drawn between the Immortal Bloods? Why might they exist and why might one stretch them?
13. What character did you as a reader most identify with? Explain. What character did you dislike or despise the most? Explain. Was there a character whose motivations and actions you didn’t understand?
14. How did the mixture of man, beast, magic and technology shape the balance of power among the nations (peoples, leaders, and their realm of influence), what shifted it, and how did it play out on the battlefield?
15. Why might Krish or any rogue healer keep their talents hidden? Why would the followers of Fendra Jolain seek out any potential healers and pressure others to inform them of any they discovered?
16. What do you believe the theme or themes of the novel were, if it held any?
17. What questions with respect to characters or events were left unanswered at the end of the novel?
© Terry W. Ervin II.
last updated: 11/09